8 Sep 2012

Emu SP-12 Turbo OS 2.6

Click here to download the EPROM images for v2.6 for the EMU SP-12 Turbo.
SP12A26.Bin is for a MBM27128-30 EPROM. It's the EPROM on the left below the power supply.
SP12B26.Bin is for a MBM2764-25 EPROM. It's EPROM on the right below the power supply.
Note: The images are from my machine. Apparantly my SP-12 (Serial# 826) has version B2 (see below). Use at your own risk!
And here is the official EMU service document that describes the 2.5 known bugs and 2.6 fixes











Update 15.05.2017




The checksum for the SP12A26.BIN image is E7AF
The checksum for the SP12B26.BIN image is 37D7

In response to a comment I've created a new image of my SP12A26.BIN EPROM (click here to download) to check if there's a problem with the original image files. However, I can confirm that the above mentioned checksum is correct and the same as the original image file.

Here's the verification result from my EPROM burner (15/05/2017):


4 Comments:

Blogger Stef said...

Hi - thanks for making this available. I've flashed some synth ICs before, but using a USB flash programmer, but never with the UV programming. I'm always a bit clueless on what chips I can use, and I see that you've let us know in this post (thank you!)... I'm wondering if these are the only compatible chips, or if I'm able to use my existing flash programmer on a different kind of (not UV) chip? Cheers!

1:48 am  
Blogger dvdborn said...

I have no experience with Flash programmers. If these Flash ICs can emulate the old VU EPROMS than you're good to go.

5:41 pm  
Blogger Kurt.Koolbrain said...

Thanks for putting these BIN files up for others to D/L.
I wanted to confirm the data is usable.
It seems the data in the file of the 27128-A.bin file is possibly corrupted.
Could you post the checksum of your original BIN.

I have the 2.4 OS in my SP12 Turbo. After erasing both 2764 and 27128 eprom, I attempted to burn the files provided via the link. The 2764-B2 burns and verifies with no error. However, the 27128-A file fails to complete. I tried numerous times for the better part of an evening, on several EPROM writing hardware set-ups, using both the original erased 27128 and a brand new Fujitsu MBM27128. Tired this via a USB device under windows 7, USB under windows XP, and even an old DOS 386 with a very reliable DATA I/O burning setup. No go.



6:00 am  
Blogger dvdborn said...

Hi Kurt,

I've update my blogpost with the checksums and a new image version.

9:13 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home